Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
superand44

DX8 beta 2

I don't need beta 2, hehe. I have Release Candidate 0

------------------

Whistler is or will be better than Windows 2000, if you don't think so, get a reality check and hope it doesn't bounce.

you wouldnt be willing to share the wealth of RC0. psheehan@memphis.edu or 4979552 is my ICQ#. Ive looked but cant find it

Please do not post ***** here

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 02 October 2000).]

If your speaking to me...I never posted ***** here, I clearly said that I had RC 0 for myself, just like superand44 said that he had his beta 2.

------------------

Whistler is or will be better than Windows 2000, if you don't think so, get a reality check and hope it doesn't bounce.

Personally I do not think DX 8 build 183 is better... appears to be a little slower. Just my thoughts.

no it was edited by SHS if you saw. Which meant he posted a URL. I have aquired a copy of DX8RC0 from a source. But thx the offer. I will install it in whistler and 2k and see what its like.

I am disappointed in RC0 as it dropped my 3Dmark scores back to DX7 levels (3300 back to 2500). I had the second release installed before that. Anyone have a DX8 for W2K uninstaller that I can use, then try different versions for comparison?

:}

Appreciate the attempted assist, but the program won't install under W2K. It acts like is does, but nothing comes out in the program directory or as icons...sigh.

Thanks anyway,

never mind. If you uncompress the main DX80ntend.exe file with winzip you can run a program called undx8w2k.exe to do this.

will advise

I am also trying to uninstall Dx8. DragonLord, What was meant by: "If you uncompress the main DX80ntend.exe file with winzip you can run a program called undx8w2k.exe to do this." I also have tried the uninstaller from tweaktown but got nothing. Thanks!

Use winzip to uncompress the main installation program file (DX80nteng.exe) into a new folder. You will find the uninstaller executable in that new folder.

Where can I get DX80ntend.exe? The download from tweaktown does not have that file. Help!

Use "run" and type in the command it will work from there.

[This message has been edited by iBringPain (edited 12 October 2000).]

I would like to participate in the "Getting" of DirectX8 (latest) If this is at all possible. E-mail is dsoul@charter.net

I'd like to see if it fixes my Janes Fleet command problem...