Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Newtothis

Where's the Games

Hello everyone, Still getting use to Linux, One thing thou I cant seem to find the Games or AMUSEMENT. I checked Game Station during installation, But cant find any . In the guide it said click on K button then go to amusement . Its not there. Help. Mark. ;(

Provided you allowed the ID of installation media, or through the web resources on install, you can install all the game station packages, or individual packages (games) using rpmdrake.

Go to the start (K) button, choose the configuration menu, then packaging, install software. After typing in your password (root), you will get the rpmdrake window. Choose install packages. When the screen comes up, pick the right arrow next to workstation on the left software area and check the game station box.

Or, choose the individual games dropdown by clicking on the side arrow to the left of the game station choice. This will give you the list of available games.

You may enjoy some of them but the only games I've found on recent Linux distros that are fun are, Tux Racer and Frozen Bubble.

If you're interested in FPS and multi-players, check this out from Morphix...

You can run these games after booting the Morphix-Game CD! laugh

Hello,Still no Games . When I click on K BUTTON I get APPLICATIONS,CONFIGURATION, DOCUMENTATION, MULTIMEDIA, NETWORKING, OFFICE, TERMINAL, HOME . When I highlight on CONFIGURATION I get HARDWARE, KDE, OTHER, PRINTING. I see no application of PACKAGES. If I highlight any of those I still do not see PACKAGES.The Games should of been installed from the disk after clicking the box for GAME STATION right . Mark. ;(