Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slewis1972

DUN Woes

From the other day, all of a sudden I have been having problem sconnecting to any ISP. I run Win2k and when I boot up I can connect fine. But when I did connect and try and reconnect my computer cannot handshake with my ISP. It tries to validate username and password but after a minute or so fails. This happens to all my ISPs. Then if I try to close down my system, I have to switch off the on/off button as the close down screen never appears.

Whats the problem, has my stumped. I am not on a network but do have a network adapter installed.

Scott

Hi Slewis,

I don't have a solution I am sorry to say, but just letting peeps know that I have the handshaking problem when trying to connect to claranet. All the other ISP's I use are fine. Sometimes takes me 20 mins of redialling to connect, sometimes goes straight in. It's a bladdy pain coz I pay £30 / mnth for 80 hrs Freetime. I posted about this problem ages ago, but never received a reply. I also phoned Claranet about it, and received the reply, 'I'm sorry, I have never seen Windows2000'. Gr8. This was a while ago I must admit, and it was RC3, so I let them off.

Please someone answer this with a solution or a constructive response. I just answered Slewis to let him know he aint the only one, and that his W2k install aint b0rked smile

Thats all from me (for now).

Yak

--

I think I solved it. I uninstalled by DUN seettings then removed TCP off home network , did a regclean and then once rebooted reinstalled my DUN and now seems to be fine. Something must have been up with the TCP/IP settings or something.

Scott