Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gambler FEX online

WinDVD 2k hangs

i've been using v2.1 and v2.2.92 with the default configurations without any probs, however i had crashes as well when making ceratin tweaking using dvd genie...

have you been using dvd genie to tweak windvd? if so try to restore original settings, or if you haven't been using it then try it, and see if some tweaking will help with your problem...

-----------------

p3 450

msi bx master

tnt2; v6.18

toschiba dvd-rom sd-m1212

sb live!; v3.0

I don't know why, but WinDVD always blew out the NT Kernel and I always had to do a clean install because I couldn't repair it. I use PowerDVD now and everything works fine.

Cryptix

WinDVD does not work properly at all under Win2K, even though they say it's Win2K compatible. Like cryptix I kept getting BSODs that forced me to do clean reinstalls. I just got PowerDVD off of the Internet (heck, that's what they PROMISED would come with my DVD drive anyway!) and it works fine. Highly recommended.

Must be a little more complicated than WinDVD just not working in W2K. We have it running perfectly on 9 PCs under W2K.

My guess is a software-to-software conflict. Some DVD player decoders don't like to share systems.

I don't know, WinDVD works fine on my friend's PC under Win2k but I'm not trying it in mine anymore. It seems to be 50/50 if it will work on some systems or not. If it does than great, if not switch to another player like I did.

Cryptix

Damn i had the same prob.. check out my Thread in Hardware.. "i thought it might be a Drive prob" lemme know what you think . if sounds the same as this

Hey !!! i had the same problem and i got theis program called MEM TURBO 2 i run the mem scrubber and reinstalled windvd 2k and it works smooth as ever "its like butter" try this and let me know what happenes. Also Make sure everything is turned to DMA hope this helps

Well im not exactly sure,, how it does it , but it "Defrags" your Ram and/or Removes any unneccesary memory residuals "win 2k itself eliminates most of this". but it has a nice "RAM Meter" you have 2 options , A ram recover , which defrags it . and a Ram scrubber, which removes stuff so far its been working fine.. i am using a voodoo 3 3500 and i also reinstalled the drivers in the correct order.. which is.. WinDVD 2k,Driver,3dFx tools, "and in my case Vis Reality" .. i called 3dfx about another problem with my TV out when i play DVD's. But since all of the Drivers are Beta' they are unsupported.. so im on my own ... maybe ill post something here about that ..