Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KJ1999

EVENT ID 37 - Win2000 Adv Server

Hey all!

Anyone here of, and know why I get, Event ID 37 in the Application Log:

WMI ADAP was unable to load the winspool.drv performance library due to an unknown problem within the library: 0x0

Source WinMgmt

I don't know how long I have had this message...but it's the only one I have and it really bugs me! ANd yes...the Spooler is started and the printer works fine.

Thanks!!

KJ1999

Thanks! But I already have that. I've used it for other things.....what can I do with it to stop this message or fix what ever it is that is wrong??

KJ1999

Ah...I see! I should uncheck performance counter for winspool.drv?? Will that have any negative effect on anything??

And....is that just stopping the message from showing up in the log? If so...what is causeing it to not load??

Thanks!

Hi, KJ1999.

Have you seen Event ID 37 messages related to other performance counters?

I suppose you've seen the tip about using the following two commands for cleaning up the "dredger":

winmgmt /clearadap

and

winmgmt /resyncperf -p

(where "p" is the process ID for WinMgmt in Task Manager)

This "fix" is supposed to apply to partitions which have been updated from RC2 to commercial versions of W2K. I found that it had limited success on clean installations of W2K. But, in the end, I used the exctrlst utility to kill the perfproc.dll, and that got rid of several different types of Event ID 37 errors for me.

I'd rather have the performance counter / monitoring system working properly, but I'll settle for no error messages for the time being. I think there are some ongoing issues with this part of W2K that were not addressed in SP1, and I still have seen nothing on TechNet to indicate the Microsoft is even aware of the problem. But I certainly see a fair number of messages about it on various message boards.

Regards,

Jim

I actually got rid of it! Doing

thewinmgmt /clearadap

That did it it seems. Even though that fix is supposed to be for BETA's. I have full retail Advanced Server with a clean install....but it worked....

Thanks!

Groovy! Please keep us posted if the Event ID 37s rear their ugly heads again, though! I found this problem with W2K to be kinda like dracula. I really needed a wooden stake to get rid of it!