Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
STi Sev

Windows 2000 Users: Apply Here

Computer is running great except for the following problems..

Problem

IE 5.5 suddently STOPS working (not frozen or crashed, just doesnt load documents

Temporary Fix

Close & Restart IE 5.5 and go back to that link, and hope it doesnt happen again

Any PERMANENT Fixes?

Problem

HP 950c Printer's Driver's Last 3 Tabs are ALL in "block" form.. (No Letters, refer to picture)

hpfont.jpg

Temporary Fix

I'm using other drivers, but there are MAJOR incompatbilities while printing

I'm begging anyone to come forward with a fix for this...

Problem

IE 5.5 Takes Up 100% CPU and continuous to hog up CPU

ieoverload.jpg

Temporary Fix

There is NO Fix, All I can do is go into Task Manager and close the IE 5.5 application!

Problem

Event View Showing The Following Problem

Quote:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Disk

Event Category: None

Event ID: 11

Description:

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0.

Quote:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

CTSYN

Quote:

The description for Event ID ( 4098 ) in Source ( Norton AntiVirus ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Virus scanning started..

Quote:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: .

Quote:

The description for Event ID ( 105 ) in Source ( dcfssvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: .

[This message has been edited by STi Sev (edited 01 September 2000).]

Hi, Here is some comments...

"IE 5.5 suddently STOPS working (not frozen or crashed, just doesnt load documents"

"IE 5.5 Takes Up 100% CPU and continuous to hog up CPU"

I`ve experienced SAME problems..All related to 5.5 and only way to fix is remove 5.5 (Hope u still have uninstall data. In fact I haven`t and reinstalled whole thing frown...) Infact only noticable thing in 5.5 is print preview but it still previews only with no editing and cuts pictures in the middle if not fits in page, as before..

So why don`t u just use 5.01 (Already updated to it`s latest servicepack with W2K SP1)

"The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Service ) cannot be found."

Have you downloaded the truvector upgrade for Zonealarm`s SP1 compatibility?

That`s all from me,hope this helps..

Concerning IE using 90% and up: some FLASH or JAVA banners are able to bring IE to it's knees. Try Webwasher and see if it helps to filter out those banners.

I dont ****ing have the uninstall information for some ****ING reason ;(

I wish I had IE 5.01