Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JeffL

CDR Burning ...

Hello ..

Prior to SP1 .. I was able to burn cd's no problem .. now I cannot get anything to burn .. I have tried all my burning software (cd creator deluxe, nero, disc juggler) and they all start to burn then just hang on 5 or 6% .. it's very frustrating .. I have removed and reloaded the software and it still doesn't work .. any advice on what else to check??

First of all, you've got a 'confusion' of CD-R burning software on your PC...no wonder your operating system is so confused! wink

I burn anywhere from 20-100 data/software CD-R's a week on my old HP 8100+ using ONLY ECDC 4.0, and ne'er a problem...but, that's the ONLY CD-burning software I have installed on my miserly machine (PII, 333Mhz, 192Mb RAM), also.

Never a problem with the original Win2K, any of the installed updates, or with the installed SP1.

I can only speak from my personal experience, but all I currently use, AND have installed, is ECDC4.02d but have used Adaptec 4.0 all through their product line, including 4.02c, all with no problems. I do NOT have any other CD burning software on my system...period...including DirectCD.

I can't speak for all of ECDC 4.02d's functions: I'm only burning software from my HDD to new Imation 650Mb/74 Min. CD-R's, not doing any copy from CD-to-CD or duplication functions, no overburning, etc.

For us, the software does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Again, this is what works for me. YMMV.

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 13 August 2000).]

Hmmm. You didn't say what writer you are using. If you have SCSI you will need to update your ASPI for the Adaptec for sure.

The other problem you may be having is that Nero does not like to co-exist with Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Having both on your system may be disabling both and any other writing prog you have.

I have Plextor burners with updated ASPI and firmware and run both Adaptec, Clone CD, and CDRWIN on my network without any problems. I can access and use the burners from any workstation as well. I also use Generic blue 80 min, TDK 74, Sony 74, Kodak 74 and Maxell 74 without burning coasters, with and without moderate overburns.

Try installing only the Adaptec software first (or the prog you use the most), make sure you have the latest firmware for your writer, and try to make a simple audio cd. If that works, install some other writing prog (other than Nero) and test it.

Eventually you should be able to determine which prog is causing you problems and if you can't live without that prog, then try different versions until you get one that works.