Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wind

Cubase, SMP, Sblive, Win2000?

Is there anyone out there that is running cubase under win2000 with smp and a soundblaster live? Just like all sorts of other programs, cubase produces that evil popping or wierd loud noise that people seem to be getting with win2k + sblive. Normally to fix this problem I just turn off sound hardware acceleration in dxdiag, but when you do this, cubase just stops working. Its a bad situation smile

Does disabling that irq sharing stuff stop the crackling? At the moment im just running non acpi dual processor setup but ive got that mps stuff enabled in bios and I would think a large amount of devices are hanging off the same irq (how do you actually check your irq's anyone?) - would putting all my devices on seperate irq's fix the problem?

Thanks

From what I'm aware of, the SBlive! series of cards do not function properly in Win2K when using SMP. This is mostly attributed to the Drivers. I do believe there is some information on Creatives website regarding this issue.

But I have Cubase running in Win2K with a Live! and it works fine.

Good luck!

I think the cubase website shows that none of the CL cards are really suitable for use with CB

After doing some troubleshooting myself, I found out that its not only cubase that plays midi's wrong, its windows too.. so the problem is before cubase smile If I switch to one processor, it works fine..even turning off sound hardware stuff doesnt do anything, looks like another bug in lw3

Oh and I think the new cubase5 has improved sblive support, but it seems fine for me as it is.