Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunner

Possible Win2k SP1 Problem

Notice the word possible here.

I've been experiencing a problem with file systems which only seem to have started since I applies SP1.

Over my two HD's I have 3 encrypted folders.

2 on my main C drive and 1 on my D drive.

Anyway, now when I try to access the folders through either Windows Explorer or My Computer I get the grey box, red cross 'Incorrect Function' error.

I only get this error when I try to access one of my encrypted folders.

If I try and use the good old CD command from a Command Prompt I get 'Incorrect Function' as the DOS response.

If I either bring up properties or run a Command prompt DIR on the folder it tells me the folder contains no data, but I know there is data there.

If I try to delete the folder throgh Windows Explorer I get the message 'Cannot Delete - Folder is not empty' and Win2k Command prompt doesn't have the 'deltree' command.

Anybody else encountered this problem either before or after SP1 installation?

Has anybody get any ideas of what might be the problem?

These encrypted folders were created using the administrator account, I always log in as admin.

Also a scandisk revelas no errors on the drive.

It appears something has gone screwey with the encryptions.

BTW - If I try and decrypt the folder I get the error message 'Incorrect Function'.

Now I suppose all of my data is now very safe from outside eyes, only problem - mine too!! smile

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 512MB PC100 RAM (Hyundai), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only