Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DN

ASPI Failed

I was trying to uses Easy CD Createor 4.0 and CDR-Win but after finishing the first CD-R no more CD-R could be made. Both programs failed with an ASPI-Error.

What to do??

My System:

W2k

P3 450MHZ

256 RAM

Gigabyte 6BXE

ECD 4.0 or 4.02c ....

CDR-Win 3.7f or 3.8a

I think zhat is not the problem : my aspi version 4.6 (1021), but i found some files a lot of time on my system...?????

I'm having this prob too, I burned 1 day worth of audio and data files fine with ezcd (fully upgraded to current) and now I can't even load it. It just hangs. Even worse, I can't get it shut down from task man without rebooting. ASPI is a nightmare to me, it is not on my pc, and I was told not to install it unless I had a SCSI drive. Ezcd did not install it either. Since it's not installed Nero won't work either. Drive manufacturer offers NO tech support on it, barely admitting drive will work with "3rd party sw". I really don't wanna run w98 just to burn, so could anyone offer any tips about this? I have a Sony (yes i know it's crap =P) Spressa. Machine stats are: AMD K6-2 533, 128MB RAM, Win2k (clean and recent install).

Thanks in advance =)

Maybe W2K causes this problem... I'll try a next time after installing SP1

P.S.

EZCD Creator 4.0 is not Win2k compatible. Get the latest update off of their site (4.02C) and install it after you install 4.0.

DON'T REBOOT AFTER THE INITIAL INSTALL or you will have ASPI drivers setup in your system32 dir. Install the patch immediately after installing 4.0, then reboot....

The problem is most definitely ASPI, but not corrupt drivers. Windows 2000 does not use ASPI drivers, so if you're using them that would be what's causing this. I've spoken w/ Adaptec about this and they basically told me that if I installed a burning program that was pre-Win2k it would install ASPI drivers and hose any functioning software I had. Best thing here is to uninstall all burning software you have, then do a search for *aspi*.* and delete the hell outta them. Then reinstall your Win2K compatible software and you're good to go....

For me the only solution to a myriad of software problems is dual booting winme and 2k. ASPI works flawlessly on my P3 733 128ram

sblive 3dprophet 64megddr gforce2, linksys nic, maxtor 20g 7200rpm HD, Dlink nic. My machine was made with win2k and winme in mind. It is called "THE Quake Machine"

SplEEb

Hey DN.

Listen.

1- Go to My Web Page And download that aspi Thing. Read The Instructions.

2- Uninstall that Ez-cd Crap!!!.

3- Find Any Wnaspi32.dll In Your Drive and delete it

4- Get a copy of Nero

5- Install Nero

6- Goto Nero Directory & Delete wnaspi32.dll

7- Install Aspi from my Page after reading the instructions

8- Burn Happy & Live forever

More Probs????

No i'm turned to Beos5. I think it the best Os Ever. It Boots in 5 Seconds, in 10 Seconds i'm surfing the net. Ye But i keep win2k in dual boot. Ye sometimes i play quake 3.

[This message has been edited by hteles (edited 21 July 2000).]

Thanx for ideas, but after installing 4.0 again and imedeately upgrading to 4.02c without rebooting causes a funny think, aspi version 1019, 1020, 1021 were all over my system (winnt/system, winnt/system32...).

Thanks hteles,

i reinstalled win2k and my FireBurner stopped working. I don't have any SCSI devices but it refused to detect my recorder (HP) anyway. now, after installing ASPI from your page, everything (EZCD too) works.

thanks

Hi hteles,

where is your homepage??

Are you Talking about what Country????

If Yes it's in Portugal.

My Isp is Telepac/Netcabo. Cable Service

If about the Url, you can find it on the post, but i think you know that.

Just in Case you don't. http://win2ktools.cjb.net

BTW, my new passion is BeOS. Goto My Web Page and follow the link of The OpenGL Benchmark. I think everibody must see to believe.

[This message has been edited by hteles (edited 24 July 2000).]

hteles..

Thank you so much, your ASPI advice worked, even though I was told installing it would mess up Win2k, I did what ya said anyway and it runs flawlessly now. Thank you! =)

..Red