Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ComputerMan

Willenium has digital audio that works...

Bite the pillow Win2k...

never got it to work in Win2k...

That's what says a friend of mine about the

RTM, he got a copy in advance because of his

job.

If you mean the Digital CD audio option in Win2k and WinME. Well it works in WIn2k in my system, but in WinME the option is present, but it is all greyed out (ghosted) and you cannot select the option. frown

What exactly is Digital Cd Audio? I'm assuming that it plays cds digitally instead of using a DAC? But I have never really heard anything about this feature. I have a Plextor 40X Scsi Max and a Teac 6/24 CDR. Should I enable the digital feature?

Heifetz

Digital audio is just that digital. You have to connect the audio cable from the Digital Out on the back of your CDROM to hear digital audio.

Kevlar digital cd audio.

It dosen't play cds digital sound forum for hearing instead cdrom send digital info to the sound card in digital forum.

Then the sound card on board DAC to the Spk, Where CD anlog port need to go thur the DAC one time then back to DAC then to the Spk, so you see it one less step.

But the CDRom must have the that chip min of the CDRom due not have that chip but all DVDRom drive due have it a must for DVD drive, Both the CDRom, DVDRom & Sound card must have digital port for it work, only has 2 wires.

Funny thing is ComputerMan Windows2000 dosen't need the Digital CD audio option box check for it to work if his a SBLive & a compatible cdrom, The problem may lay in the manufacturer drivers.

Actually, I'm sorry to burst your bubbles, but you are wrong about the digital audio. Using a digital output from a CD-ROM device, into a digital input to a sound card, requires nothing, except the drivers of the sound card have to support it. The Digital Audio method that is built in, is for if you have NO audio cable. It reads the cd audio, as if it were data(over the IDE/SCSI cable), and then sends it to your sound card. It's a high CPU-utilization process, but if you don't have a digital output on your CD-ROM, on it works on your system, it can improve the sound quality. So they say.

Your completely right Wlightn. I can enable this feature in Win2k but not in WinME. If you have good speakers you can notice the difference.

i have win 2k and i can use digital audio as well

PIII 450

128mb ram

g-force 1 32 mb

chaintech 6btm mainboard

soundblaster 128 pci

realtek networkingcart 100 mb

adaptec 29160 scsi

quantum atlas v 9,1

ibm 20 gb 7200 rpm ide

plextor 40 cd-rom

plextor 8220 cd-rw