Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

I was just reading about sp1 for w2k and...

I was wondering since IE 5.5 is not included in w2k sp1 and 5.01 is and i have ie 5.5 final installed on my computer now will i have to reinstall ie 5.5 over 5.01 after sp1 is installed? I guess i should plan a day or two of downloading next week since sp1 is like 83 megs and ie 5.5 is like 7 megs that is about 90 megs too much for my modem.

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Dual Boot Windows 2000 Pro / Windows ME Beta 3

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

128 Megs PC133 Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card (with the core and memory overclocked by 20 Mhz and dual voodoo coolers)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

I spent all day wondering the same things.

What I'm going to do next week? Find the programs that allow redistribution, so that I don't ahve to be on the internet to upgrade my PCs, as 1 of mine doesn't even have a modem :P

No you should have to reinstall IE5.5

Anyone get the feeling that Microsoft kind of ****ed up on this one?

Not that they stuck with IE 5.01(SP1), but that they should have released them in reversed order(IE 5.5 after SP1)?

It would have made a bit more sense, and saved the modem users a lot of (redundant)download time.

------------------

PIII 500 (Pre CuMine)

393(listed)MB RAM

GeForce DDR (Annihilator Pro)

Sonic Impact S90

Win2K Advanced Server

Logitech Itouch Elite

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Everglide (HL Giganta)

Logitech Quickcam Home

etc. etc. etc.

I believe those with IE 5.5 will be okay. Why? Because I just installed MS Office2K SR-1a. Afterwards, I read the installation text file. During the installation, it check the version of IE (apparently it may upgrade IE to 5.01 if it isn't already). It found IE 5.5, and didn't mess with it. So I would HOPE that Win2K SR-1 does the same. Keep your whatever crossed...

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat: You talk to it but you're never really sure if it hears you, much less comprehends what you say."