Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

IE5.5, My Dad's Computer, and --Network Passwords??? WTF!?

I've tried to update my dad's computer to IE5.5(he's on Win98SE), and when it gets to where it starts downloading, it asks for a network password, for site and domain IPs of 204.somethingorother.

WTF is going on?

This computer didn't install IE5.01SP1 properly, and now IE5.5 won't even start?

God I love my computer. It cooperates!

Anyone else have these problems, or know a solution(i.e. where I could download the ENTIRE 87MB stand-alone file that has all the updates)?

You can downlaod IE5.5 by starting the download on a machine that doesn't have a recent version of IE installed.

For example, we removed IE5.5 from a PC here at work, and just used IE3 (could have been 2, not sure now).

When you visit the IE download site, it give you the option of the active setup stuff, or to download and install later.

When you choose to download and install later, you can choose the O/S versions you wish to download.

The options are 95/98, NT, 2000, and Millenium. Check the O/S's you want and the download will start.

If you can hang on for a little while, I'm sure IE5.5 will start showing up on cover CD's soon enough.

It's not my computer anyway wink

They can wait all they want.

I'll stick with being the guy to download the new stuff ASAP.

That's (one of the reasons) why my computer is running better than their's. :P

------------------

PIII 500 (Pre CuMine)

393(listed)MB RAM

GeForce DDR (Annihilator Pro)

Sonic Impact S90

Win2K Advanced Server

Logitech Itouch Elite

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Everglide (HL Giganta)

Logitech Quickcam Home

etc. etc. etc.