Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR whistler

Win on cd 3.7

I have just installed win 2k and i have just tried to burn a cd with the above software, but i can't get my copier to run atb 12x any more it keeps comming up with buffer under runs, but worked fine with win 98 and win me

can anyone help me. please

Computer spec

Athlon 750mhz

asus k7v

256mb ram pc133

asus 6800 geforce graphics card

plextor 40x max cdrom

plextor 12x 4x 32x

pioneer dvd 10x 40x

adaptec 2930u scsi card

[This message has been edited by MR whistler (edited 15 July 2000).]

I had that problem when using win on cd in windows 2000 it seems like it really messes up the aspi in windows 2000, although it may be something else, all i can really say is that fireburner is much better in windows 2000, in my case it has never burned a coaster. If you really want to use win on cd look for aspi32.exe on the adpatec ftp ftp.adaptec.com that will update the aspi to the latest version, which may help, and you could also look through the system aqnd system32 directories to remove the wrong file versions which get placed there by win on cd.

hope that helps

I dont know whats wrong with me today guess i shoudl try sleeping once in a while or something, i dont know why i said fireburner i meant to say nero burning rom that works great on windows 2000, and always works perfectly for me, never have any bad discs.

fireburner does work ok for me in windows 2000 havent used it very often though.

Sorry about that, hope this is more helpfull

I dont know whats wrong with me today guess i shoudl try sleeping once in a while or something, i dont know why i said fireburner i meant to say nero burning rom that works great on windows 2000, and always works perfectly for me, never have any bad discs.

fireburner does work ok for me in windows 2000 havent used it very often though.

Sorry about that, hope this is more helpfull

Maybe u've to download the drivers for your burner...When WinOnCD 3.7 went out, The plextor 12X wasn't available.

Don't worry, Driver Upgrades are free on CEQuadrat's main site!