Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sheared

W2K, IE, and Java Problem

Sometime yesterday Internet explorer stopped viewing/loading Java applets. I'm running Windows 2000 with all of the "critical" updates from MS. Javascript seems to still be running okay based on a couple of checks that I ran on other websites, but Java itself appears dead.

I'm very new with W2K, and I'm not exactly sure how to proceed. I've run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW, but nothing was reported from the action (not that I'm sure anything was supposed to be). I've fiddled with the security settings to no avail (they are pretty much like I have them in W95 and NT 4.0 - which still work). I've enabled the JIT selection under the setup menu.

How do I reinstall IE under W2K, or does anyone have a better plan of attack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate that sounds like an identical problem i had it was really pissing me off i could not view any thing which was to do with java chat windows etc etc

anyway the last resort for me was to reinsatll over the top of old installation and it fixed it no probs atall now.

only takes 40 mins or so so i think it is worth it

hope i have helped cya mate

------------------

MAC

I took it one step further actually. I decided to start completely over - reformatted and reinstalled. Everything is working fine now. I have no idea what caused the problem initially, though.