Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shibumi

Win ME Language Support!

Yo!

I was wondering does Windows ME (Final) is a multilingual OS such as Win2K?

I need Hebrew,Chinese,Korean and Japanese in Particular, In Windows 2K it works perfectly for me, the Win2K itself is totally in English but allows me to work on documents of the languages I mentioned above smoothly, all I had to do is to add them at the "General" tab and the "Input Locales" tabs of Regional Settings.

And by that while using Office 2K I can write and edit documents at those languages

So, would I be able to do it at WinME as well? or I need to wait for a Language Enabled version for the desired language I need? (Just like it happened to me in win98!)

Thanks beforehand,

Oren

I have windows me beta 3 and to my knowledge it is not a multilingual OS however the beta 3 i have is like an inbetween win 98 and 2k some stuff is obviously leftover from win 98 yet they are adding the win2k look and wizards along with that they may add the multilingual part but i doubt it because the home user has less use reason to have that functionality than the bussiness user in the world market. Solution if it doesn't have it run win2k and win me dual boot they run beautifully side by side infact the win me setup doesn't trash the win2k boot loader and it acutally will integrate itself into a previous win2k install plus it is as far as i know its 100% backwardly compatable all the way back to win95 (drivers included) and it is just as stable / reliable as win2k as well as faster.

[This message has been edited by Four and Twenty (edited 01 July 2000).]