Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Phogy

Fool win98-programs in Win2k

Is there any program that is available to fool Win98-programs to think they're inside a Win9x OS?

Look for apcompat.exe on your Windows 2000 CD.

Along the same lines, has anyone been successful at installing the portion of the Windows 98 PLUS CD that handles the pkZIP-unZIP install into the Windows 98 Windows Explorer shell? I tried it with acompat.exe and had no luck. I'd much rather it than WinZIP.

Why do you want that crap? If you like the interface (UGH) there are plenty of freeware .zip programs on the net that do the same thing. I repeat again. (UGH) laugh

www.powerarchiver.com for a nice freeware (not what your looking for) compression program.

(Use B1 if B2 doesn't work right!)

>www.powerarchiver.com for a nice freeware (not what your looking for) compression program.<

Oh, goody, another friggen beta. Having just had to do a format and re-install after suffering the consequences of installing Creative's Dxr3 beta drivers, I'm not relishing installing any new betas. More importantly, are YOU using this program, and how has it behaved for you? wink

Very good, DOSFreak. I d/l'd and installed Beta 3, and it works fine for the simple jobs I need it for. Looks to be a very, very powerful tool, too.

Thanks for the heads up. smile

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat: You talk to it but you're never really sure if it hears you, much less comprehends what you say."