Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mylam

How to make Bootup Disk ??

Hi:

ia m using Win 2000 Pro version. I have a question that, how can i make a bootup disk (like the old day in win98) so i can boot into dos when the PC start up.

Also i am using NTFS, so if i use the old win98 boot up disk, i am unable to read all my Hard Drive.

Pls suggest that how can i create this boot up disk.

thx

On the CD there is a catalouge named bootdisk. Just run makeboot.exe and follow the instruction on screen.

------------------

AMD Athlon 750MHz

ASUS K7V

ASUS V6800 PURE

128MB 133RAM

20,5 GB IBM HD

Hmm. That bootdisk on the cd isnt like an ordinary dos disk. First of all their are four of them and it is equivilent to booting off the cd. So if you can boot off the cd there is no point in making them.

Secondly once you boot up ( either off the floppies you made or your cd ) you need to go into the repair console. So you would hit repair win2k installation and the hit c for recovery console. In there there is a few doslike command-line tools to help you move files read,edit files etc. Good luck. Dont fubar your system.

Since u use Win2k with NTFS u just can't go to dos any more. Thats the end of the line for u. DOS can't read NTFS !!! Boot dosk from WIn2k CD is designed for installing WIn2k if u DON"T have Bootable CD or you are doing a network install.

If u make a rescue disk u can load a command version of Win2k which looks like DOS but has nothing to do with it.

So, no more DOS for u smile What u can do is to get Partition magic 5.01 and convert back to FAT32 then go to a friend of yopurs and create a boot disk of his WIn98 and use it for yaself.

Mylam,

if ur problem is regarding ur ntfs drive in booting in win98, there is program "ntfs for win98" which u can installed! so that u can read ur ntfs drive.

I tried it and i dont have problem at all!!