Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
[CaF]Viper

I've got a issue to discuse,...(And I need help)!

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from Windows 2000 Professional to Windows 2000 Server...the reason why is just for the other neeeded IIS 5.0 features...and i am not planning on upgrading to Advanced Server because it is said that it doesn't support OpenGL, but now lets get to the point...can i upgrade for PRO(a workstation) to Server(a server)...because i know they are two totally different OS's, but will it upgrade because when i stick in the cd it doesn't give me the upgrade pop-up...if i install on the same hardrive (c:\) will it put a fresh registry ,...i mean by deleting all the old setting so that i would have to re-install everything frown...does anyone know how to do this and if it is not possible ... does anyone know how to get the Server features of IIS 5.0 in because it says when i try to change the max connection to 500 it says the max connection have been hardcoded to 10 users...and i cant do unlimited but it says somewhere in the help me file that win9x and 2000 pro can only have a max of 10 users...how do i change the hard coded limit...please help me!

Thanks in advance,

Jesse Smith

Damit now i've found out this...

The upgrade paths you can perform are:

Windows 9x -> Windows 2000 Professional

Windows NT Workstation -> Windows 2000 Professional

Windows NT Server -> Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server

Windows NT Terminal Service Addition -> Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server

Windows NT Enterprise Edition -> Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Datacenter

Windows 2000 Advanced Server -> Windows 2000 Datacenter

You cannot perform the following upgrades:

Windows NT Workstation -> Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server, Datacenter

Windows 2000 Professional -> Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server, Datacenter

Windows 2000 Server -> Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter

That just suxs...but does anyone know how to get the non-personal version of IIS 5.0 cause it detects it by the OS!

frown

I might be wrong about this but im sure i read somewhere that by using windows 2000 server or advanced server cd and doing full repair it will upgrade windows 2000 professional and keep all settings and programs installed.