Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vicman

Windows eval. 120 day copy.. How can I fix it?

How do I get this to go away? I searched this board up and down and could not find any more discussions of this.. I know how to see if I have it, but not how to get it to go away.

Go to a Warez/Crackforum, this is not the place for you.

yayaya.. I know I know.. thanks for nothing. I expected as much. I'd buy it if I wasn't a po broke college student. Oh well.

Okay then.. I was on the Corporate Preview Program. I have RC2 and Beta 3, and the Final release Gold with 120 day eval. The RC2 and Beta 3 have a 1 year (I think) expiration. So I can just install off of those and by the time it runs out I will be able to buy a real copy of Win2K (I hope) smile.

Which is newest, Beta 3 or RC2? And which is better? I'm assuming it's RC2, but they both came at the same exact time in the mail, so I am not sure. They sent the gold eval copy near mid-Febuary. So I still have a few months left on it now.

[This message has been edited by Vicman (edited 12 May 2000).]

I don't think it's broken. It's supposed to expire. No need to fix it, if it does what it's designed to do.

Hey, if you're a student, dont you know that it is possible to buy win2k at a great discount? At least that was what I did. Just a tip, not that i help your problem right now and of course even a little money can be tough to get, depending on your "level" of poorness...

Way cool.. that looks like it might fix it. I haven't tried it yet though. I have both Windows 98 and NT4 Workstation, which are required as proof of an upgrade, so this should do me just perfectly. I'll try it and see what happens.

Thanks alot man!!

Buy a new (and cheap)computer. After all, it's about every two or three years your going to have to anyway....

That seemed rather random didn't it?

You sure got me lost.

i wonder if you could do that to the 2223.1 alpha release of whistler....just for fun?