Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jmdlcar

Sound Problem

Can someone help me on my HP Pavilion 553w. I install SuSE 9.0 now I have noise while it is running. Do I need to turn something off or what do I have to do?

When it boot up that when it start. It like a heart beat then it change to a drum beat and then it chage to something else. It stop when you start a program. Then you get the sound like a reg. boot up. It work fine tell you boot up again.

Yes I use a Linksys wireless router. But I'am not using the wireless part.

I have:

1 HP Pavilion XT983 works with no problem just added 256mb total of memory.

2 HP Pavilion 553w with the sound problem just added HP dvd 300 writer and 512mb total of memory.

Both is running SuSE 9.0

I had a similar problem to what you are describing, and it had to do with my Linksys wireless G router being within too close proximity to the sound system. I moved the router as far away from the sound systems as I could and the problem went away.

Why dose one work and the other one dosn't work. All I'am doing is switch out is the towers. I want to use the 553w because it is faster cpu, larger hard drive, more memory and dvd writer.

Can you switch sound cards between your two towers and try each again? That might go a long way in determining if it is the card itself or something else.

Hmmm, then I'm out of ideas. You could try getting a regular ol' Soundblaster. They're not very expensive, sound great and work well with Linux. A Soundblaster will also sound much better than what is onboard. Sorry I couldn't help more..

I had the same exact problem. I fixed it in the system bios by setting Plug and play OS to no. Workd great now. Hope this solves your problem too.

laugh [/b]