Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dream97

NTI CDMaker Pro in Windows 2000

Anyone know how to get this CDW-ROM writing utility to work in Windows 2000? I updated the ASPI drivers that was suggested elsewhere in this forum but I'm still having problems running it.

It worked perfectly with Win95/98 so I know it must be Windows 2000. Anyone know how to convince this program that Win2000 is ok? It says right on the box that it's compatible with WinNT 3.5 and up.

Any help will be appreciated.

------------------

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have been in contact with their technical support twice about the problem with the software under w2k. The first time was couple of months ago, they then replied:

"At the moment Windows 2000 is unsupported. We are working on the Windows 2000 version and will be releasing it in Mid-March."

So I sent them an email again asking about this and their reply yesterday was:

"It should be out next week."

Thanks for the update KalleAnka.

Right now I have a quasi-fix for the problem. I had upgraded Win2000 from a previous Win98 install. To get the Packet Writing utility included in NTI CD Maker Pro to work properly, I basically reformatted my disk, installed Win98 and then installed Win2000 on a dual boot system. A work around but it does work. Unfortunately, I only have Win98 on my system for NTI CD Maker Pro and Norton Systemworks, both of which don't work with Win2000. frown

Btw, did you notice someone posted that NTI CD Maker Pro works on the Applications list? I tried the ASPI fix that they posted four times on two different systems and it never worked. I'll repost that NTI does not work with Win2000 I guess. frown