Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
APV_SAV

Dual boot help

Hi,

I have my drive partitioned to C: D: E: F: where C is my boot partition , D is for win2k, E for win98 and F for data. recently I added a drive and it became D: and moved my win98 to F:, I can boot to w2k alright but when I choose to boot win98, it said it cannot find certain files in D: drive and refuse to boot 98. This is understandable since my win98 partition is now F: instead of D:

Now the question is: is there a way to tell my boot partition that win98 is not on F:

Please help, TIA

IF all else fails, reisntall win98 from a boot disk to the same drive, you will still have to do some tweaking to get some programs right as it will still think it's on the previous drive letter and isntall stuff to there(ie a program files dir etc will appear on your other drive)I had to do all of this not more than a week ago.

My boot.ini is like this:

[boot loader]

timeout=3

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

C:\="Microsoft Windows 98 SE"

no mention of the drive that 98 is on, please note C: drive is only a boot partition, o/s is not on there.

Please help TIA