Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jester

WarFTP download speed being limited under 2000

Originally posted by Jester:

I've got WarFTP 1.70 running under Windows 2000, and for some reason the download speed off my server is being limited to 100kb/sec. I'm on a network with people copying files off it and they should be getting way higher than this since they can upload at speeds around 1000kb/sec. And what's even weirder is this only happens to people who are also running Windows 2000. People in 98 can download at full speed. Another of my friends also has War running under 98 and he doesn't have this problem leading me to believe that it's a problem with 2000. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix? I know it's not a setting in the FTP server because I have Max CPS set to none. I've also installed all the speed tweaks from www.speedguide.net but they didn't make any difference.

[This message has been edited by Jester (edited 03 April 2000).]

Double Post

Argh!! Triple Post!

Yeah warftp is nice and all it has a very nice interface and one of the best for setting up accounts but its buggy and has a security problem. Check out the homepage for details on that. I would either wait for version 3.0 which should be out soon or get g6ftp. It has more options then serv-u little less options then warftp but less hassle. Plus its secure. No reported exploits so far.

try leapftp.. very low cpu usage and mem usage... works very well.. they only ftp prog i use..