Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

devldr32.exe ALWAYS STOPS RESPONDING! --Associated with Live

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!! Pardon my excitement, but the experiment WAS A SUCCESS!!! I have found the cure. Delete all you can of the old drivers...registry entries, and all the files you can find that start with CT(ie ctmm) Then reinstall win2k, chose the upgrade install , unless you want to format C :)After you reinstall, install the drivers, everything works like a charm!!! I got my four speakers back! wooooooooohoooooo! yeah buddy! I'll have to admit, doesnt sound as good as win98 LW3 does, but it's a lot better than the 2 speaker support I got for 3 months!!!

Creative sucks, they can suck it! Yoo guys rooole!

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 25 March 2000).]

Told you so :-)

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Well, let me know if you have problems with devldr32.exe.

Seems it's hangin for some people (me) and causing all kinds of other problems with other people. I think I'm gonna go ahead and use Live!Ware, and just suffer the 5 minute shutdowns.

I hav not had any problems with devldr32.exe , what exactly does it do? anyone know? I now realise that I don't have a startup and shutdown sound. I have them turned on in the contrl panel, and all my other sounds work correctly. But why don't my startup and shutdown sounds work? Someone please help me!

Sorry for spamming the message board smile , I just thought of maybe a way that can fix devldr32. When I had liveware on win98, I had a shutdown problem similar to yours, id didn't know th cause. I called creative, they told me it was a problem with a startup app, well I tried turning all of them off and the problem persisted. Since creative was of no help I experimented on my own. I found out that it was a conflict between my old soundcard and the sblive(old one was built in ESS solo Motherboardsoundcard), even though the old one was disabled, there were still programs running that kept it alive. The solution was easy after I figured out what was happening. There was a essolo.sys file in my root directory, I deleted that, The file kept replicating though, so I looked in my autoexec and config files, and deleted some lines that had a link to my soundcard. Also looking in running sysedit may help some. After taking out the config and autoexec lines, the essolo.sys stopped replicating. Thusly my shutdown and standby problems were fixed. This may be of some help to you guys, I'm not sure if you all have the same MB as me tho. And lately with win2k, I will put it into standby mode, and after turning it back on my system will automatically reboot by itself at a random time,WTF is up with that? So I just disabled standby, anyone can help me with this problem too?

There nothing a Hot Iron can't fix hehehe.

Well I don't know what happened, but all of the sudden, I'm no longer having those problems with devldr32.exe.

Perhaps I shouldnt've said anything... I don't wanna jinx myself.

I DID, however, install Live!Ware on a brand new installation of Win2k. So, maybe that had something to do with it.. iunno

------------------

---Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.---

Pentium II 450@504 4.5X112

128MB PC100 SDRAM

Diamond Viper V770 Ultra

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Seagate 13.6 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Western Digital 13.4 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Quantum 8.3 Gig

36X Acer CD Rom

Viewsonic PS790 19" Sweet as Heck Monitor

3Com NIC

Lexmark 5700 Printer

I found the solution to the devldr32.exe problem. Find the file in winnt/system32 and cut it and place it on your desktop. Reboot then run the exe from the desktop. The problem is it always messes up when it autoloads. So now you just have to start it manually which is no biggy but its better then having it crash everytime you do something.

Greetings,

I was experiancing several of the problems posted here with the long awaited LW2k Drivers and Win2k. I experianced the dll hang on shutdown as mentioned. I also experianced the continual loop reboot upon installation as mentioned in an earlier thread. I also found that CTLAUNCHER.EXE would stop responding and hang the system at times.

My solution: Remove all installed SB components then do an "upgrade" install of windows keeping all my settings intact. I then installed the Liveware2k stuff and, hooraaah, everything works GREAT!!! No hangs, no problems whatsoever.

I think the cause of these problems has something to do with a residual install of the original SB live (for win 95/8) that comes with the software bundle. That was the only thing I had tried to install before installing liveware2k. And, yes, i had removed the previous version before dumping LW2k on.

Thank you, whoever suggested the windows reinstall. It really cleans up things and fixes problems (imagine that).

I have to agree with you guys though, the new LW2K looks like it was a rush job and you can definantly hear that it was. My awe64 sounded better than this. But, oh well, what's another three months to wait.

Hello,

I have recently loaded sbliveware 3.0 on win2k server without any problems,,,i will gladly explain the process to anybody that asks,,,,,,,it takes about 20mins to go thru the routine. This is a new process than that of Athony which also works.

Please feel free to e-mail me @

sharpen2000@yahoo.com