Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5t3ph3n

official direct cd 3.01 win2k compatible

http://www.adaptec.co.jp/download/software/directcd/dcd301up.html at the bottom of the page. The BIG problem is that i don't know japanese so i don't know how to install the patch (I can't even install Direct Cd 3.00 included in EZCDcreator 4.00 deluxe). So, please help by posting here how you did it! (P.S. when i run setup.exe it asks for _setup.dll and when i run update.exe of course it does not find any qualifying products)

[This message has been edited by 5t3ph3n (edited 23 March 2000).]

Good find! I am downloading it now. Did you try to install DirectCD 2.5d and use update on that? I am hesitant to screw up my system but will take the leap <g>.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

CRAP! I installed 2.5d and then tried both the setup and update executables. The _setup.dll file was in one of the subdir's but that didn't help when running setup.exe and, even though 2.5d was installed, I was informed that no qualifying adaptec products were found. Crap :-(

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

I installed 2.5. Then I also tried the update. Same story. So I tried to run the update again and I copied the temp files from my local settings\temp folder. I then copied all of those over the extracted 3.00 files in another folder. I ran setup again. It went farther then told me there was an error copying something. Closer but not yet there.

Good work - keep trying and then let me know how to do it <g>.

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Try this..... Extract the downloaded file. I used Winzip. There is a subdirectory called 0011 inside the directory called setupdir. Rename it to 0009. That is where the missing DLL belongs. Then you will be able to run the install. Let me know if the install finishes for anyone. My experience was that it tries to move your version 2.5 files someplace else. The move operation craps out and you are left as if you never installed version 2.5. No shortcuts, program files or add-remove entries remain. Computer still worked afterward.

I got it to work by installing 2.5d, the patched 3.0 update from http://members.home.com/mlafreniere1/ and then the patch installs just fine. However, it offers me no more than 2.5d did because standby and hibernation are still hosed. I am going to wait for the one from Adaptec USA. Let me know if the ACPI functions are working for you. I am so glad I keep a Ghost image of my system to restore in these circumstance <g>. After that experiment I uninstalled directcd but my boot time was increased and I started getting WMI errors which were not fixed by typing winmgmt /clearadap. No more experimenting for now :-)

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail