Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jail

Asus Live 4.0 b3 -> No hibernate ?!?!

Hi all,

2 days ago I tried installing the new Asus Live 4.0b3, eager to find out if I could finally give my win98 the kick :-)

Well, the software (and capture driver) works perfect, but after the installation all signs og hibernation has disappeared.

I have tried uninstalling Asus Live, the capture drivers and even the Asus3800 graphics adapter driver - but no luck.

Tried turning off/on APM, bios upgrading my Abit BH6 motherboard, installating Nvidia's reference drivers - still no luck.

No I start wondering how I can get my hibernate back - I really don't want to reinstall my Win2k now :-/

Any ideas ? Is there a hardcore way to tell win2k that my machine CAN hibernate - since I guess that right now something makes it think that my machine/hardware doesn't support it.

help please :-)

Regards,

Jakob

Same for me!

After installing Live 4.0 b3,no more hibernate or standby!

But I can´t even get Live 4.0 to work correctly.

No way to watch TV with it,because I just get a pink screen in the Live-Window.

And the Capture-Driver isn´t installed either,although setup says "Capture-Driver correctly installed!"

Any ideas anyone?

I´m using the latest Asus Driver W2k379Beta4 on my AGP V3400 TNT/TV !

Marc

Fortunately the Live program is working fine here .. but then again I have an ASUS V3800U

I'm on the edge of making a clean test installation besides my running installation to see if it works - I'll be back later this weekend.

Tried a clean install on another partition,but no hibernate after installing Live 4.0 Beta3.

No Capture driver recognized,but Prog is running in Capture-mode!

No way to get it to display my TV-signal full screen.

But at least it´s sort of working now!

Guess I´ll have to wait for the next Beta or the final release of it!

Marc