Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Strikeman

ACK IIS 5

So I installed Win2k Professional the other day. So by today I was just about done setting up all my software, setting up the users accounts ect. So I get to installing my Visual Studio stuff and all goes well. So I figure Ill see how IIS 5 works. So I start up VisInterDev and make a sample project. I then goto IIS Admin and goto the Directory Security. Since I don't want to publish this page to the whole WWW. But low and behold the IP Restrictions area is greyed out...WTF. So I do a F1 and what does it say...IP Restrictions feature is only available in Win2k Server...ACK. I know it was in the Beta, and thats pretty lame of Microsoft. I had no idea they did that. I have Server but Its such a pain in the butt casue I just installed Pro and everthing is going fine except for that IIS blunder. So my question is can I upgrade to Server without doing a wipe of my Professional, Can I just upgrade from within Pro? And should I even be using server? I just use 2k for my devstuff, along with the misc stuff, Word processing and surfing the web.

And help would be appreciated.

Strikeman

Wow, thats some real b.s. I've finally got my Win2k Pro system running the way I want it and was just about to install IIS 5, but if what you're saying is unresolvable I just may forget the whole thing. Anyone know if it would be possible to install the IIS 5 from the Win2k Server CD onto Professional so that all the features would be enabled??