Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FearFactory

MS Proxy 2.0 & Win2000 Server (help please :)

I installed win2000 and i got the update for ms proxy 2.0 ( run update then it installs proxy) and it installs fine, but when i reboot all of the proxy services are stopped, and if i goto start them i have to shutdown the www services. the only services i see relating to that are default website and administration website... i close those and it still tells me to close the www services. where do i goto close those? or is my server screwed up? i figured the website ones would be what i had to shutdown.

Thanks.

Jeff.

well first things first you know that you must have iis installed to run proxie i run pro and it is not installed by default you must install it by add remove programs windows conponents and select iis internet information server hope this helps and if iis is installed is it configured properly

iis5 comes installed in win2000 server and it does work fine until i put in proxy 2.0... i ran the update which updates something then launches the install so i did that right as well.. but i can shutdown all of the www services then try to start the web proxy service but it says the www service is running and must be shutdown although i know it is closed. I just said screw it and put nt4 back on last night but i'd still like to figure out what theproblem was.. i like win2000 hehe..

Thanks.

Jeff.