Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Sneis

NAV 2k for NT/win2k

I finally got norton anti-virus for windows 2000, everything worked fine for a while, but now when i startup my computer i get this stupid error message that says "NAVNT autostart"=SYMEVENT could not load (or something around that). The result is a stupid error message everytime i reboot, and NAV starts in disabled mode. What's wroing? The thing that changed it was, i think , when i ran LIVE update. Please, i need help with this

Given that Norton actually support their AV product on W2K, have you asked them? Or searched their FAQ/knowledgebase? or searched this forum for that matter..?

I use Norton, and I've used LiveUpdate, and it works fine...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

NAV for Win2K is working great here too. In fact, I can back up personally what Yuppie said about Symantec getting their product to run with Win2K: I found a memory leak in NAV for Win2K (RC2 days) about three days after I bought it. I contacted Symantec and notified them of the problem with the memory leak and within two days, they released a program update that corrected the memory leak. To say the least, it restored my confidence in Symantec products.

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Check symantec's web site I have had the same error. I found the solution at their web site.

Does anyone know if you can install NAV from win Norton System Works 2000 into win2k? It would suck if I had to buy another version.

To Mark W:

Norton Systemworks 2000 is a Win95/98 product. NAV2000 only works if you use the NT/WIN2000 version. Contact Symatec to see if you can get a upgrade purchase.

/Eklund