Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mizar

Imoegaware problems.....

Anyone elses exe corrupt... I downloaded it twice with the same result..... sweet mispelled iomega too.... laugh

[This message has been edited by Mizar (edited 17 February 2000).]

Mine wasn't corrupt, but it failed when trying to copy files.

The solution is to use WinZIP to extract the install kit to a folder, then run it from there...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Nope, that won't work... keep getting a bad zip offset error... yuppie.. you get the whole thing.. or the modular?

I downloaded those same driver and had to manually extract them to a folder, they worked fine then. Try downloading them yet again.

ARG... I get a measly 1k/sec from their website.. anyone willing to send through icq... email me plz.. mizar88@hotmail.com

thx

sigh.. 4th times a charm... go!zilla was monkeying something up in the works.. first time that has ever happened...

I just have to throw in here that that download was the slowest download I have ever had. I could have typed the dang binary format by hand faster than it came down.

What is Iomega using for their Internet connection? Two 56K modems tied together with bailing wire????

For the record, using a dedicated FTP client, and forcing my ISDN connection to lock two channels open, that stupid download averaged 600 bps. Yes, 600 Bps.

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Thanks anyway, Yuppie, but you put up that mirror a little late for me. I wasted most of last night waiting for that stupid download.

Regards...

i found on windowsupdate a fix hehe

idonno if it works though.

it just released in the last 48 hours too :-)

enjoy..

ByronT, they're using duct tape, not bailing wire, and they're using two 33.6's. I also could have killed myself because of the download, there has to be lots of traffic though