Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mark W

Nero problems

I know this topic has been covered, but I could not find a solution that worked for me. I have win2k final. I have installed the latest ASPI per previous posts. After installing Nero and rebooting, when trying to run Nero 4.0.8.3, system hangs on the Nero splash screen. I have installed and reinstalled 3 times, on NTFS partition, on Fat32 partition -- still no go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

------------------

C366@577, Abit BE6, 192mb PC100

Voodoo3 3000, SBLive Value, Hollywood+, AverTV/Phone

3Com 3C509 (Cable), Linksys 10/100 (LAN), Generic 56k modem

IBM 20.5gb 7200, WD 18gb 7200 on HPT366

Pioneer 104s, HP7200i

I'd hazard a guess that it has something to do with the HPT/66 controller.

My machine used to hang when running AudioCatalyst and as soon as I changed to using the standard ATA/33 controller (on my BP6) it fixed it!

Give it a try - I've noticed that ATA/33 isn't that much slower than ATA/66 anyway.

Morto.

That would suck! Do you mean move the burner and CD player or my hd? My standard IDE contoller is pretty full with DVD, burner, and internal zip. Overall, the HPT366 and win2k seem to get along, after some installation problems. Does anyone have Nero working in win2k on a BE6 w/ hd on HPT controller?

I'm not sure if this only to do with the ATA/66 controller - I don't have one, but the problems are still there: whenever I start up Nero (latest version, same goes for ASPI) the program starts but then, nothing happens. No splash screen, nothing. The Task Manager clearly indicates a NERO.EXE process, however. When I start up Nero a second time, I can burn CD's just fine. Still, the first process remains in memory and can't be ended. Of course, this causes problems when I want to shut down! frown I guess Nero perhaps isn't as W2K compliant as they claim it is...