Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Siraris

PLEASE help with this problem!

Ok, for weeks I had a problem that I couldn't play any games or render any scenes in 3DSmax on win2k final. I thought it was a driver problem. Fact is, my V3 was overheating, so i got a GEForce today, and games work fine now! They WOULD work on the V3, they would just stop after 15-20 minutes, probably after it overheated.

I have one problem now. And the error comes up every time I boot win2k. It comes up in the event log. It is as follows:

"Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory. "

This is in the ftdisk source.

If I try and render a 3DSmax scene, it gives me a Machine Check Exception BSOD after about 15-20 frames. I have NO idea why. I am running a P3 550, 256 Megs of PC 100, and a Guillemot DDR-DVI. I think that it has to do with memory useage or something. I assume this is a problem I should fix. Can anyone help me PLEASE?

Thanks

Off the top of my head it sounds like you have not got enough swap space on your boot partition.. you didnt say how much space was free on your boot drive but even with 256meg of ram you need at least that amount of space for virtual memory (control panel/system/advanced/performance settings/ is where you can change it

assuming you have plenty (2 or 3 gigabytes?) of space left on boot partition

double your virtual memory size and reboot.. if the errors go away slowly drop the Virtual memory size back down to a more manageable size B=)

for what its worth I have 384 megs of real memory and a 576 meg VM size, no problems with memory here.. EVER!

Jabbathewocket

------------------

Know your role and shut your mouth!--The Rock