Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
5t3ph3n

what will happen on Thursday?

Do you think that on Thursday all the drivers and appz for Win2k (even beta) will be released or we'll have to wait a little more?? wink

On Thursday we'll have sh1t-loads of newbie posts that have already been covered innumerable times...

We should see final drivers too, but I suspect some companies (Creative, Matrox) will fumble...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Quote:
Originally posted by 5t3ph3n:
Do you think that on Thursday all the drivers and appz for Win2k (even beta) will be released or we'll have to wait a little more?? wink

Chaos! We will see this

“ Why don’t I have 4 speaker support for Sound Blaster Live!”

“ MY REFRESH RATE SUCKS IN OPENGL!”

I think I will take Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off from NT Compatible smile

LMAO Yeah, Can you just imagine the questions this board will get?

"How do i get Wingcommander I to run?"

"My nintendo emulator wont work!!"

"How do you uninstall Win2000 after upgrading to NTFS??"

Cant wait!! LOL... I do wish NVIDIA would get there drivers right... Please??

If one is man and 2 is woman,

Whats 3 and 4?

------------------

When the world comes to a halt, Hold The F*** ON!!!

[This message has been edited by Feral (edited 15 February 2000).]

My entry for the first newbie post:

"I have a TNT and nothing works!!!! Win 2k is the biggest pile of S^&T! Microsoft SUCKS!Why did I spend all this money? I'm going to buy Linux now, I hear it's easier to use!"

hahahahahahahaha

you guys are too funny!

I'll be keeping a close eye on this board at the end of the week. It'll be a hoot.

LOL... Thats funny M. smile

Yes I can see the ill tempered who like to flame message boards using the 17th as a field day of confusion and chaos. I think Ill just go play some q3a on my perfectly working win2kbox. I just want better drivers so I can get my daily tweak fix. Its like a drug!! Tweak it!! tweak it!! If I cant tweak my computer its useless. Hehehaha.

I think the best answer to give the newbies will be:

"Please use the SEARCH feature, that topic was addressed a month ago. Thank you."

have a brilliant idea : why not turn of the forum "post new topic" feature. So newbie would just have the "search" button and everythings will be alright.

Or a second solution : turn off the registering feature and as only registered users can post, we'll be quite.

Awx

PS : the second idea is carp cos webmaster would be spammed with "how can I become a registered user ?"

PPS : one more idea: just write in BIG : USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

I suspect some drivers will be released. The new Logitech mouseware makes my day! Now I can use the 3rd button on my damn mouse! Aside from those I don't expect anything I need to be released for awhile. I.E. Nvidia drivers, Creative Live! drivers, IPX game patches etc. etc.

Tweaking is the best. What better reason to have SMP and Win2k? Thursday will be hilarious. The pile of questions will be overwhelming as the teeny weeny search button is ignored by the ignorant expecting immediate answers to their long winded questions that have been so oft answered.

Ed

Well it's Thursday here downunder (Australia for theose who are geographically inept) and there don't appear to be many "I just bought Win2000 and it won't work" questions up yet.

Perhaps it hasn't been released here.

------------------

-------------------------

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

There are some !!! I've already found a couple on Hardware forum. And right now, in France, we are february the 17th, 02:17 AM.

Awx