Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Juti

WinDVD2000 won't play DVDs

I have this problem with WinDVD2000. It installs without any problems, but won't play any discs. It only resizes the windows like it should, and spins the DVD for a while... But after that, nothing... the only thing I see is the WinDVD2000 logo.

So, if someone has a solution, please tell. Thanks.

Try making sure that you have the correct ASPI layer installed. You'll find it somewhere around here, I'm sure.

Morto.

What ASPI drivers should I have installed? I installed one pack from adaptecs ftp-server a couple of days ago... The strange thing is that no matter what DVD I insert Win2K says it is 2.19GB.

Don't know about that then. I'm using the Adaptec ASPI layer too....

How about trying this; Before I got WinDVD working, I used the Win2k DVD player. Just run "dvdplay" (it's in the path).

Morto.

Nope... I already tried the W2K dvd player. With it I get sound (that crackles smile and in Matrix even the main menu, and when I try to continue, all I can hear is the crackling sound... But after that WinDVD2K does the same... And when I reboot, everything is back to normal = WinDVD2K won't play anything.

This is starting to annoy me a bit wink But thanks for you help, though.

Where CAN I FIND windvd2000? I have a viper II graphics card, no decent drivers (running off the NT4 Drivers) and no dvd software that will run on my pc....

Ok, I finally got WinDVD2000 to work, sort of. The problem was Adaptecs Udfreader... For some reason W2K started to think that even DVDs are cd-rw discs... I noticed this when I looked at my DVD-drives properties, and W2K said that the file system was "UDFRDR" instead of "UDF". Well, I guess I won't be using cd-rw discs then... I wonder why W2K forces me to install that udfreader software, when I try to use cd-rw discs...

Well anyways, WinDVD2000 works perfectly, well almost. Still have to do that Windows DVDplay trick... But now I can watch my DVDs.

By the way... If anybody is still reading this thread wink How do you reset the W2K "internal" region counter? I have region 1&2 DVDs, and because I can only use W2Ks DVDplay ,(it uses WinDVD2k, though), I can change the region only two times. If I could watch the movies with WinDVD2k, then that wouldn't be a problem, but because I have to use the W2K "frontend" dvdplayer smile...