Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RobGoo

ICQ 99b and DSL not working.. plz help!

I have been trying with out success to get icq to work on my windows2000 partition. For some reason it is not able to connect to the internet(or so it says) to validate my account info so i cannot even get into any of the menus inside icq. I have a 512k dsl and everything runs perfectly on it on win98. I have tried having an open explorer window and it still refuses to validate my info. Has anyone had any experiance with this? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

there could be a lot of reasons but the problem is that you didnt give us any info on your system like the network card, the windows build number the hardware that is/isnt detected. Repost with some system info and I will see if I can poll my resources and find an answer. Also try #ntcompatible on the undernet irc network

I have a realtek RTL8029(AS)and it is set to half duplex(default). I am using the 2195.1 build of win2k. All of my hardware is detected and i have no other problems except for this.

Still a no go. I entered the DNS manually and it does the same thing. For some reason it does not recognize my internet connection. Does anyone else have anymore ideas??? PLZ!!!!!!!

does your carrier have NT settings for the modem. Since this OS based on NT settings for 4 should work on 5, as to other reasons Im not sure besides settings the dns servers and other settings manually

Try creating a new account on your icq and see if that loads. If it does then you know it's your icq database.

Thnx for all your help everyone. After messing with the DNS i got it working.

_TheJuice_