Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Installing Win98se for dual boot?

Hi.

I have windows 2000 pro on my hd, with a fat32 partition.

How can I install windows 98se for a dual boot/ There must be an easy way, without formating, and putting it on first...

Also. Can someone give me a rough estimate of how muchspace BOTH will takeup/

Win2k takes up 640 megs

Win2K doesn't like dual boot setups, but you can work around that. I currently have NT 4 and Win2K on the same system.

The method I use is to install the other operating system on a second drive and disable the master drive in Bios with Win2K on it to install and access the other operating system. You can leave both drives enabled when running Win2K so it can see the files on your 98 partition, although since Win2K is a true OS it will see the second drive even if it's disabled in BIOS.

When the master drive is disabled, the computer will boot from the second drive and run 98, but you won't see the master drive from 98.

It's kludgy, but I like it since it keeps both OSs completely isolated.

------------------

---

The Flying Penguin smile

http://voodooextreme.com/flypenguin

Hi mate i have windows 2000 2195 and windows 98 running together on the same hard drive with no problems what so ever at at startup i get a screen which gives me the option of (1) windows 2000 or (2) windows 98 SE simple

it works great i only use windows 98 for fifa 2000 as it is the only piece of software or hardware i have probs with. I am not writing out what i did so if anyone wants some advice on this i sugjest you get icq and contact me on 53873233 i have no problems what so ever in helping anyone out

cheers.

------------------

MAC