Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rmeek

OutLook Express

Does anyone know how to re-install OutLook Express under Win 2000 RC2? Suddenly it won't show up and I can't get to my newsgroups.

Try to reinstall W2K in order to reinstall OE. There's no way to do it another way. I've upgraded my w2k version since RC1 up to 2183 without any reinstallation crap and everything's working fine.

Nope, I didn't see any option like that in windows. What u can do is go to \Program FIles\Outlook Express and lunch the EXE from here or download it drom New copy of Express from a friend. Or install Full Outlook from Office. I guess u can also re-install windows smile.gif

You can try the "repair" option within Windows 2000 installation setup. It should restore OE to it's functional state.

I did a full reinstallation of Win 2000 but still the same old problem! And I tried to re-install from Office 2000 but it wouldn't allow me because it's an older version!!! Man am I getting mad! Also, in RC1 you could pull up the repair by booting from the CD, but now it doesn't seem to be available! Any other ideas?

Well guys.. i use Netscape for news.. no probs at all.. and if i format or re-install my os.. i dont have to look for my files.. i just copy my netscape dir.. and everything is fine..

Why wasting time with something ? use netscape .. faster than ever !