Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bka32

How do I get ICQ99b or ICQ2000a working in Win2k?

Ever since build 2183 I have not been able to get ICQ99b or ICQ2000 working. They just do not want to connect, and ICQ2000a comes up with an error box with simply &6 in it with an OK button. Any ideas?

99b has worked for me since RC1, I suspect 2000 would also if I cared enough to get it... I think its a problem at your end, try uninstalling it and checking the registry after and then do a fresh install.

ICQ99b working fine here.

ICQ2000a crashes everytime it connects to the ICQ network

Any way I could maintain my database of users and uninstall and reinstall without losing them?

Yes copy DB99b folder.

Win you done with that & you have reinstall ICQ & setup UIN all backup just copy back file's

P.S. make sure you on ICQ for at less 30-45 sec be close it & copy back file's

Bingo every one still there.

Anyone got ICQ2000a to work in Windows 2000? Mine just pops up a mess and the disconnects

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work at all. ICQ99b or ICQ2000a just dont connect.

Give icq99 a couple of hours and it will work again, I have a couple of theories about this behaviour and none of them is nice, it happens when you try to use icq99 after you have tried icq 2000

Which ICQ99 though? the A or B version? and will ICQ2000 do the same if left for a couple hours??

No, server access has not been denied for ICQ2000a because a friend of mine who also has it can use it perfectly well.

So basically I install ICQ99b, and just let it sit trying to connect for a couple hours?

ICQ2000 has only a limited number of Alpha users, so after they reached the limit -> no more new users accepted.

ICQ99 runs fine .... for your connection probs, are you behind a firewall ?

ICQ 99b works fine for me, but ICQ 2000 doesn't.

It starts up, and the flower beside connecting animates, but then, a rare Win2k crash occurs.

Quote:

ICQ.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created

Anyone know how to fix this?

Brendan

I tried the Icq 2000, and everytime i started it, the prog keeps crashing..

tried to shutdown Drwatson, and everything were fine after.. but can not connect to the icq network.. geeezzzz !

------

If you dont want to lose your stuff when you're formatting , then try this, if you have more than 1 partition, just copy your icq dir to your second partition, and after re-installating windows, just copy your icq dir to his original location before installation icq.

See you l8r.

Nope, behind no firewall or proxy, it just animates and does nothing, same as ICQ2000a did. I'd doubt seriously they'd be limiting the number of alpha users considering when others get it and use it, the alphas can't test it when the slots are all used up.