Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ByronT

Audio CD players

Here's my setup:

Tyan S1856 BX mbd, Celeron/466MHz, 128MB, Diamond V770 Ultra (TNT2), Diamond MX300, Intel Pro/100+ NIC, USR 56K modem, BusLogic BT-946C SCSI PCI, 8.4GB EIDE drive, Plextor 8/20 CDR (SCSI), Plextor Ultra 40X CD (SCSI), Plextor 12/20X CD (SCSI), Iomega Jaz 1GB, Iomega 100MB Zip, HP ScanJet 4100Cse (USB).

All running under RC3 with generic MS drivers(Build 2183). (NOTE: I'm not bold enough to try out the beta NVidia detonator drivers cause this is my production/money making machine...)

I think that's all that's relevant....

Anyway, with MS's CD Deluxe player, I get clean audio off of any audio CDs (sounds incredible on my Cambridge SoundWorks DT2550 setup...), as do I with CDMax - a CDDB capable player, but with Plextor MVP 2000 player, the music "flutters" when playing a CD. It's not really a skipping noise but more like a light stuttering.

Has anyone else run into CD playing software that acts funny? And what would be the possible reasons for this?

Regards...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Hmmm, well, the stuttering is caused by the Plextor audio player doing some conversion before playing. The only reason that I say this is that the volume for that CD player is now dependent on the "Wave" device in the volume controls.

Now I want to figure out why Plextor does the conversion when just playing - or would this be digital extraction happening?

Regards...