Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KS-M

NERO WARNING!!!

I'm posting this message to warn anybody who is trying to install NERO Burning Rom 4.0.5.6

I tried it, and Windows 2000 RC2 was messed up completly, or should I say, I had to re-format my harddrive because of an error in a file installed by NERO called "cdfs**.dll". It was trying to write to a memory region, which was not allowed by Windows 2000. So please be sure to make some sort of bootdisk BEFORE installing NERO Burning Rom.

I have no idea if this is an individual problem, and I don't care. I went back to Windows 98 after this unlucky incidence. I will wait for the final release, and I hope they fixed some of the "hot" problems like this.

Nero 4.0.7.0 works flawlessly in win2k. All you had to do was replace the offending file with the proper win2k verion from driver.cab on your win2k drive.

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 21 November 1999).]

I had the same problem with 4.0.5.6 but the 4.0.7.0 works fine smile.gif

Well... With 4.0.5.6 I had several problems... sometimes it worked, sometimes not. But with 4.0.7.0 and the newest aspi-drivers from adaptec build 1021 it works fine.

Yes, you're probably right, but it was impossible for me even to start W2K after the installation. I simply got a blue warning-screen during boot, telling me to disable shadow memory and/or try to boot in safe-mode... none of it worked - still a blue screen. But if version 4.0.7.0 works, it's great for you people. I've got nothing against W2K, it was just an annoying fault, which I didn't wan't anyone else to experience (re-formatting a harddisc can be such a pain, hehe)

If you don't wanna have trouble while experiencing new OS, have more than one HD or partiton (I have 5 HD). If at any time U have a trouble, U can boot on a another one.

Nero 4.0.5.0, 4.0.5.6, 4.0.7.0 worked fine on RC2 and RC3 (after a few troubles U can know about in previous thread : "Nero and f*****g ASPI drivers" in hardware forum).

Awx - JBOD (just a bunch of disk)

KS-M,

I got that problem too, but you didn't need to reformat.

It was the Nerocdfs.dll file.

And all you needed to do was do a boot with "Last known good configuration"

and the system would be fine then and Nero would properly. And no more bsod.

I got same troble.

must i install some ASPI driver?

nero 4050

sybios scsi chip

WIn2k RC3 2183

CD-R yamaha 200t

thanx

[This message has been edited by COUNT (edited 05 December 1999).]

Yes, you have to!

C´mon guys, its getting boring to see the same questions 40 times and more in the same newsgroup!! What do you expect: you can read the answer to your question often in the group. Does each of you want to be feed extra?? Don´t be too lazy to read through the existing postings as any one of us does when entering a new group.

To summarize:

ALL of the CD-burning SW needs a ASPI-driver.

So generally it´s good to install one and if you beliefe it or not: Get the newest one! Get it from Adaptec if you have got Adaptec controller or Software in your system.

Or if not get it from your controller´s manufacturer or look in the other postings - there the advice other free ASPI-drivers (though don´t you expect too much of those)

NERO: 4.0.7.x works OK, the versions below can give you troubles. So get the update to 4.0.7.0 or above (per 06.Nov.1999 it´s 4.0.7.5) and don´t grumble around with versions that are known to be problemactic (if you have read the 20 postings about this theme) and ask 20 further times if the non-working version can´t be set to work though.

By the way: you get the update to 4.0.7.x for free at www.ahead.de you don´t even have to proof you are a legal user-though I expect that ;-)

And delete/rename that nerocdnt.sys from windows\system32 before rebooting.

Win on CD: works fine if you pay attention and delete any C2ASPI files if existent - also before rebooting.

(Since Adaptec bought CeQuadrat they are delivering original Adpatec ASPI-drivers with the application and no more the NT- and W2K-buggy C2ASPI. So don´t be surprised id you don´t find that C2ASPI files in your system. )

OK? Enjoy your life

Llion

Thanx i installed NERO itself no prob.

but icant use Session Mounter.

and all i need is session mounter.

ill try to use EZ CD crater Delux,Session Selecter.

if anyone should know any other session selecter,let me know it plz

Believe me I tried up to several times, AND IT DIDN'T WORK!!! I don't care how any of you has gotten by this problem! All I'm saying that version 4.0.5.6 DID NOT WORK on W2K (for me at least). I'm NOT saying that version 4.0.7.0 don't work, and I rally don't care. I'm working with win98 on one hd (with Nero) and W2K on another without Nero. This configuration works flawlessly. I'm just using W2K with graphics- and designer- programs, and win98 with my burning software. So I don't think anything is going to mess my harddrive(s) up anymore.