Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pendragon

4 Speakers in Win2k

Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible to get all four speakers to work in Win2k. I've got a SBLive! and the SoundWorks (or something) 4-Point speaker system. After I installed Windows 2000 RC 2 only two of my speakers worked (the 2 in front), and LiveWare! didn't work anymore.. So, is it possible to get all 4 speakers to work?

What drivers do U have ???

U can find some drivers in hardware section.

heres what I did click control panel and open sounds and multimedia....ok now go to AUDIO and click advanced on the preferred device (ea SB LIVE out)under sound output....great U see now huh use the drop down and select surround sound or whatever you choose apply and your set....works here at least with RC2 2128

Local

Hmmm.. the setting is there, but the sound still doesn't use rear speakers frown.gif

Hi,

Doesn't work for me in RC3, and Liveware3 messes up the sound altogether.

Brendan

Well, I made it work... a while back.. But that was through the step-by-step found on this site... But I still have some few problems but nothing major. Thanks for replying

There has always been a fuss about liveware3 and win2k... i first rushed to installing it after i read all the success with some ppl..

stupid to realize that the dam liveware is not working in SMP

so make sure you don't have smp machine. otherwise the chances are even worst than install it without..