Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Awaxx

Nero 4.0.5.6 and ASPI drivers

Nero is said to be working on Win2k but I've already crashed 5 CD and wondering about the word "working".

I launch Nero, manage to create a new CD and then start burning it. After 4 or 5 %, Nero crashes and is killed.

In the compatibility list, it is said that I should use Adpatec 4.6 drivers, but there's only 4.57 on www.adaptec.com . I've tried APSIchk from adaptec who is supposed to check my ASPI version, and it says my ASPI isn't proprely installed but I've tried installing 4.57 and after rebboting, nothing has changed : same probs and same versions. I'm using ASPI drivers found on Chameleon's win2k page ( win2kbox.8m.com ).

My config is :

PII 400->448 Mhz

256 Mo RAM

RC2 build 2128

scsi CD burner

* Teac c-r56s

scsi controler

* Tekram DC390U2W

scsi drives

* Quantum ATLAS III LVD 18.2 Go

* IBM DCHS04U 4.5 Go

* IBM DCHS09F 9.1 Go

* Quantum VIKING II 4.5 Go

Thk U for Ur help

Try the ASPI drivers from Poiksoft. They are working for me: http://www.poikosoft.com/cdda/wnaspi32.zip

Here is the description:

"ASPI for Windows NT / 2000

Poikosoft has released an ASPI which allows you to use your existing ASPI-based CD-Recording Software in Windows 2000/NT environment. ASPI for Win32 (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) is a dynamic link library that is used to access SCSI and ATAPI devices in Win32

environment. CD-Recording applications use this DLL to access CD writers and readers. ASPI for Win32 is not included in Windows NT nor Windows 2000."