Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Igor

Good New for CD-R software :)

Just got beta CDRWIN ver 3.8beta it works with Win2k RC2 smile.gif Also if u pick install Win2k ASPI driver then Nero and Adaptec 4 work as well smile.gif. Finaly RC2 begins to look better smile.gif

I just acquired Adaptec 4, where can I get the Win2K ASPI drivers...do they come with CDRWIN ver 3.8beta or are they part of RC2?

Oh yah.. Adaptec just released UpdatePatch #1 for the 4.0 version. It is not available though their website but is available on their FTP, so go get it if u want some smile.gif

Thanks for the info guys...also does anyone have a direct link to the Update Patch#1? I searched Adaptec's FTP and couldn't find it.

DON'T put that patch in!!!!!!!

I put it in and it didn't update the verison number and from that point on I had nothing but trouble burning cd's. I Have had to re-isntall it a couple of time and replace my aspi driver and the progie still seems to stop responding when burning and then it comes back if left alone. It even rebooted my pc when writing to a rewritebale....wierd. But after cleaning out the registry and replacing the aspi driver and then re-installing it to a new directory it burned fine(aside from the stop responding issue). Anyone else had any problems with that update?

If you are talking avout Adaptec patch then u r 100% right... my CD-R can't copy anything! Damit!! How can I get rid of it?

Ummmm lets see, I uninstalled ez cd 4 and deleted the directory, replaced the ASPI driver with the one from my web page ( http://seldzar.dhs.org . Then I went into regedit and removed almost all references to Adaptec and rebooted. I then reinstalled ez cd 4 again with a different directory name and rebooted. I can burn again BUT it still seems to stop responding 3/4 the way though a burn but it does come back(wierd). I don't wanna have to format to clear it all out. There is a reason no one can find the update on Adaptec's FTP site anymore!

I did as u sugested and now I cvan burn again smile.gif Thugh I no longer use Adaptec, had to switch to Nero cuz Adaptec doesn't support Creative 6 speed writer yet. frown.gif THe update had the added support.. hehee.. Oh well I guess I just have to wait a while longer.

I don't know if they fixed the problems that plagued the first patch, but a new patch for EZ-CD 4.0 is up now on Adaptec's website. After the warning you guys posted, I was afraid to try it. I just did finally get this setup running flawlessly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!