Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyK

Argh I need help, I just installed sp5

I just upgraded my nt to SP5, and now it wont go any further then the CTRL+ALT+DELETE screen at the beginning of NT, how can I rstore the old SP, or what options do I have? Iv got win 2000 RC1 and 95 runnin as well.

this is a long shot, and forgive me if i sound like your new to nt, but have you tried using the space bar at the boot up screen?

rj

That could be a problem with all of those OS's. I at one point had all of those on my computer then I read the manual that I got with Windows 2000 and they really do not recommend using a dual-boot or multi-boot system with windows 2000. Did you back up your old files so you could uninstall SP5. That might help

Alright, that problem happpened to me once when I was upgrading from NT to NT with SP3. I hope you made your emergency start up disk. If you use that in conjunction with your original NT CD it should be able to rectify the problem. I don't recall all the steps that I went through but it was pretty simple and was up running again with virtually no down time. Try it. I hope it works. ** Everything happened pretty much on its own. An old file was installed or a missing on and it started up again. **

I think I know what is wrong now because I just had a problem with this the other day. Try checking you video cars. Boot up in VGA mode and then boot up.