Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TechnoNerd

Xwing, Tie Fighter

Does Xwing and/or Tiefighter works on Windows 2000 pro? All I saw was tie Fighter does not work on Beta but does it work on Fanal Version.

I have the collector´s edition for W95/hardware acceleration. Tie fighter doesn´t run with W2K-->tie.exe fault!

X-Wing runs with W2K, BUT without hardware acceleration!

I don´t know, if the dos versions run, but as far as I can remember, was Tie fighter a SVGA/Vesa version. That means, it won´t run with W2K.

I believe that X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter will run, but not from the EXE targetted by the installed shortcut. There is another file (Z_XVT_.EXE or something like that) that you must run.

X-wing Alliance works perfectly.

Even with 3D acceleration (I have a TNT2).

------------------

DiDInSiDe

- Xwing works with Soundfx

- Tiefighters also but you must do a

shortcut of the .exe (i don't remember

which one) and use ems memory in the memory

tab of the shortcut

- Xwing-alliance works great

Perhaps we should first clearify what versions we are talking about:

X-Wing (Dos Version or W95)

Tie fighter (Dos Version or W95)

X-Wing vs. Tie fighter (W95 w/o hardware acceleration patch)

X-Wing Alliance

I have them all, and except of Tie fighter W95 (I don´t have the dos version anymore), they work perfectly.

Digging up this old topic and some others on the same subject because I just went to Win2k over the weekend and have lost use of my favorite game, TIE Fighter. frown XW and XWA are working wonderfully for me. But TF is not working at all. I tried the DOS CD version, but it won't install sound. And when I try to run the game it gives me some junk about no VESA support and won't start.

As for TIE95, the program installed fine, but it won't run. It gives an erorr (c0000something or other), and that's it. I have the compatability tools with the new QFixApp program that should be able to make it run under Win2k. But I have no idea which one of those 70 or so boxes might be the one. Anyone out there have any ideas?