Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

NV 7.58 WHQL solved Everquest problem!

The newly leaked 7.58 WHQL drivers have finaly solved that problem I had in Everquest where my desktop mouse cursor would be imaged onto the game scrren.

And to top that off, one benchmark I have seen shows them to be the fastest yet drivers, even over 7.52! And I hear the cool-bits trick works now too.

Good for you Mike, but they still won't run above 75mhz so they are useless for me.... Gone back to 6.49

Chris

I tried the new 7.58 WHQLs and tho everything seemed to run ok with the exception that my desktop res is back to a max of 1600x1200, whereas with the earlier 6.22 WHQLs, I could get 1900x1400 (or somethin like that)....anyone else notice this, or have any workarounds to bring the latest drivers back to this level? Specs below....

Thanks in advance.......

------------------

My System:

DELL XPS T550 (PIII @ 550 Mhz)

320MB PC-100 SDRAM DIMMs

9&12GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drives

Toshiba 6x DVD-ROM

Sony CRX-100E CD-RW

Trust 10/100 Ethernet NIC

USR 56K V90 Winmodem

Hauppage WinTV Go! Card

CL SBLive Value

CL 32MB GeForce DDR

DELL/Sony Trinitron 21" Monitor

Win2K Pro (with SP1)

DirectX 8.0a

[This message has been edited by Kaiser (edited 22 March 2001).]

Hi again, I tried the res fix but it wouldn't give me the 85mhz I needed, talking about the desktop settings not in games....

Chris

I don't know what I must be doing right, but that RES fix worked fine for me. I just selected the custome setting, then set everything below 1900 to 85mhz and viola it was done.

And as for running a monitor at 1900??? Yikes! Are there any that can do that? And even so, I'd think you'd need a larger one than a 21" to see it right. Mine can supposedly go up to 16oo, and I have tested it there, but you start loosing the refresh rates as you go higher, and it starts to get harder to see everything unless you make it larger.