Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spuds

Booting a Floppy in a DOS Box

Does anyone know a way to boot a diskette insided a DOS box under W2K? I have the old Wizardry games on floppy disks and they load there own bootstrap stuff. They work fine if I boot them on startup, but it would be nice to be able to play them in a window on the desktop. Probably just dreaming. I know OS/2 (yes, I used to use OS/2 - worked for IBM at one time) and they had a "Boot DOS from Drive A:" ability in the OS. Not sure if even it would have worked with the old Wizardry games, but I thought I'd see if any of you have heard of a way of doing this.

Maybe you should try Vmware.

------------------

Asus CUSL2 Mobo 1006A, PIII 800EB, Elsa Geforce 2 Mx, 32MB, SB LIVE! VALUE, 256Mb PC133 CAS3, Quantum Fireball lct20 20,IntelPro/100+,Asus 8xDVD-ROM, HP CD-WRITER+ 9300

Apacabar BeOS5 Pro

M$ Whistler 2428

Vmware is okay, and since you'd just be using dos, you wouldnt have to sacrifice a lot of resources.

I personally would do a dual boot, since the OS's I end up running function much better that way.

But Vmware should be just the ticket for you.

You may want to up your ram a little if its 128megs, because VMware will take away some ram to run the os-but its whatever you define it as.