Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Can't get MP3s burned

OK, I am trying to burn MP3s to CD-A in RH8, and I am running into roadblocks here. First, I am using the Gnome interface, which would be great to use eroaster in except it needs the "pygnome-applet" which in turn needs "libpanel_applet.so.0". So, I have been all over rpmfind.net and such trying to find this file but direct installation is only shown for Mandrake, and others installs have it included, but they seem to be the Gnome core libraries and I don't know if they'll trash what Red Hat did to the interface and thusly trash this box. So, for someone using RH8 and Gnome, does anyone have any recommendations for an app/GUI that can burn files and audio CDs? The standard one doesn't pickup my burner for some reason, and the only burning app that I have working right now is "Xcdroast" which has worked flawlessly. Thanks.

Just as an update, I was checking out the Lycoris site today (I'm gonna give it a shot) and I found a post talking about this other app for burning CDs

http://ogre.rocky-road.net/cdr.shtml

It's called SimpleCDR-X and can rip CDs to WAV/MP3/Ogg Vorbis and seems to be quite capable from the what the post mentioned. If anyone else has other suggestions let me know.

Also, I did get the update before trying X-CD-Roast, and it still doesn't support a direct means of getting MP3s onto an audio CD. I do like the app, however, for burning ISOs and duplicating CDs.

Alright, I installed the app, found out that I needed to get mpg321, and now I am having more issues. So, it comes down to this; does anyone know of a *GUI* based app for burning MP3/OGG files in CD-A format discs? This is a major issue for me, as I deal with command-line BS enough already at work and would like a simple GUI app for something that I do a lot of, and that's making CDs for my cars, work, and friends. I miss Nero very much, and as I have never had much in the way of problems with Windows XP Pro anyway I am wondering why the hell I left...

I only got to read briefly about it, but it looks like a KDE app, and I am running GNOME. It seems like most of the burning apps are KDE-based, while I have more luck finding anything else I want in GNOME. Is it possible to simply have KDE installed, but run the app while in GNOME?

clutch,

What do exactly you mean with CD-A?

Do you mean you want to convert an mp3 file to a wav format so that you could listen in any CD player?

Let me know, because if that's the case, I know an easy procedure that might interest you...

CD-A is "CD Audio", which is the format that you use to play in normal CD players (home, car, personal, etc). I have front ends that do that now though. Thanks.