Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ParaDoX

Insane

The game loads up fine, and loads all the textures when trying to start a race, but then it kicks me back to the desktop. Anyone who knows how make this game work in Win2k? From what I've read some have no problems with it, and others have the same problem as me.

Does it have compatability with 98 &NT4.0 or just Win9x. If its just 9x, try the Win2k compatability app on the Win2k cd.

If the game works with 9x &NT4.0, you should be able to run it.

What are your specs?

I cant really say what the problem is, cause I dont have the game. Try the compatablity app off the Win2k cd.

It's only got Win98 compatability, but some people are able to run it under Win2k, and others not. I've tried the compatability app, just gives me a program error =\

------------------

Duron 800@1050

ABit KT7-RAID

512Mb PC133

Dual IBM 45Gb's - RAID-0

Hercules GF2 GTS

Plextor 12x/10x/32x

SB Live 1024

Try setting you processor back to normal and trying the compatability app. If that doesnt work, you may just be asking too much of your system. Applications including games that are made only for the 9x core are not guaranteed to run on NT or Win2k, even with a compatability app. Thats probably why some people have gotten it to work and others havent.

If taking the Duron back down to 800 doesnt help any, you may just have to give up. See if there's a newer version or a patch you can get to run it under 2k. You shouldnt have problems with overclocking affecting the game, but thats no guarantee that its not causing problems.

Get the official insanepatch 1.0.1.0! Solved all W2k and driving wheel problems for me!